Blind Date: ‘I Showed Him A Scar From My Woodworking Class

Blind Date: ‘I Showed Him A Scar From My Woodworking Class

Sam in Yolanta

What did you expect?
Good day and nice conversation.

First impressions?
Amazing, great smile and worth the wait! it was a little late...

What was he talking about?
Very, we were four hours. Yolanta's ever-growing list of talents: Danish chair-making, screenwriting, painting, magazine editing and film. And the time he met the queen.

Most embarrassing moment?
I was very early and she was a little late, so I enjoyed sitting alone at the table wondering if I was ready for a blind date.

Table manners?
Without flaws.

The best of Yolanta?
He seems like someone who isn't afraid to try new things, and when he does, he really tries.

Would you recommend Yolanta to your friends?
YES.

Describe Yolanta in three words.
Smart, attractive, beautiful.

What do you think Yolanta did to you?
Apparently strong eyebrows... I guess that's a good thing?

you went somewhere
No, he woke up at 5 am for a photo shoot. I accompanied him to the station.

And ... kissed?
NO.

If you could change one thing tonight, what would it be?
I would have dressed a little more. (I live on a boat and can't turn on the iron, so I feel a little messy.)

Grade out of 10?
9. Loses a point for being late, but otherwise a good night.

Will you see each other again?
Yes, we exchange numbers.

Question and answer

Want a blind date?

show

Blind Date is the Saturday dating column: every week, two strangers get together for dinner and drinks, then spill the beans by answering a series of questions. It runs, with a picture we take for each date before the date, in the Saturday Magazine (in the UK) and every Saturday online at theguardian.com. It has been operating since 2009; you can read all about how we set it up here.

What questions will I ask myself?
We ask you about your age, location, occupation, hobbies, interests and the type of person you want to meet. If you think these questions don't cover everything you want to know, let us know what you think.

Can I choose who to join?
No, it's a blind date! But we ask you something about your interests, preferences, etc. - the more you tell us, the better the game will be.

Can I choose the photo?
No, but don't worry: we'll pick the best ones.

What personal information will be displayed?
Your name, your job and your age.

How should I respond?
Honest but respectful. Keep in mind how your quote will read and the blind date reaches a large audience, in print and online.

Will I see other people's answers?
NO. We may change yours and theirs for various reasons, including duration, and may ask you for more details.

Will you find me the One?
We will try! Marriage! Children!

Can I do it in my hometown?
Only if it's in the UK. Many of our candidates live in London, but we'd like to hear from people who live elsewhere.

How to register
Email blind.date@theguardian.com

Thank you for your opinion.

Yolanta in Sam

What did you expect?
Someone creative with a shared love for film, art and making things. And put me there to meet someone new.

First impressions?
I was 10 minutes late and he was very early but he was very kind and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. He had a calming energy and was easy to talk to.

What was he talking about?
He traveled to some really cool places and so did I. Repair his houseboat, which looks epic. My love for classes: I showed him the scar from a recent woodworking class.

Most embarrassing moment?
Maybe the awkward silence between conversations, but it was comfortable.

Table manners?
We were mean to each other: we didn't take ourselves too seriously.

Sam's best?
He turned out to be a beautiful person.

Would you introduce Sam to your friends?
My friends are curious and emotionally intelligent, so they'll get along like a house on fire.

Describe Sam in three words.
Adventurous. Old. Empathic.

What do you think Sam did to you?
I hope he had fun too.

you went somewhere
No, but he drove me to the station in the freezing cold, which was nice.

And ... kissed?
I don't kiss on a first date and he didn't try, which I was grateful for. I like to take it easy to be sure about the connection before anything physical.

If you could change one thing tonight, what would it be?
Honestly, it's hard to think of anything.

Grade out of 10?
8.

Will you see each other again?
Yes, we exchange numbers.

Yolanta and Sam dined at Butcher RC Soho, London, W1. Want a blind date? Email blind.date@theguardian.com

Taylor Swift - Tears on My Guitar

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects