4 Dollar Store Deals That Shocked Me

4 Dollar Store Deals That Shocked Me
Shopping for mothers and daughters

Image Source: Getty Images

You might be surprised what you can get for just $1.


Important points

  • Dollar stores often have high-quality products at great prices.
  • Some of the most eye-catching offerings are brand name cosmetics and glass jars.

If you haven't been to a dollar store recently, you're missing out. I didn't buy it for a long time because I thought it was full of cheap stuff that didn't cost $1. But when I tried it, I was very surprised by what I found. In fact, I have been able to increase my savings by shopping there, which I used to spend more at other stores.

There are so many great things to buy at the dollar store. And here are four deals that really surprised me because the items were worth more than they sold for.

1. Glass jar

Finding a good vase for a bouquet doesn't have to be expensive. In fact, many dollar stores carry beautiful vases in a variety of styles and colors, including those that look like glass.

Picking up a vase from the dollar store is a great way to dress up flowers from your garden or from the grocery store. And if you give flowers to others, it can also help you make beautiful gifts without compromising your personal financial goals.

2. Chinese

One of the most surprising things I found at my local Dollar Tree recently was China. The store carries a variety of styles and patterns, including fall and holiday plates. I also found the same dish I bought at Pier One a few years ago with a nice twist of lemon.

Plates and bowls available at dollar stores seem more expensive than they are, and it's easy to buy multiple sets to entertain at different times of the year without breaking the bank.

3. Brand cosmetics

I don't wear a lot of makeup, but sometimes it's nice to dress up and put on some eyeshadow and lipstick. Since I don't use it often, I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I also don't want poor quality makeup that isn't good for my skin.

That's why it's so nice to find brand-name cosmetic products in my trusted store. I can buy cosmetics for less than they cost in department stores or pharmacies, so I don't care if I don't use them before I get old.

4. Condiments

Finally, I was surprised to see that the dollar store had a wide variety of spices. The containers are the same size and brand as the grocery store, but they're only $1 instead of $4 or more. The percentage saved is very high. I especially like buying spices at the dollar store when I have a recipe that uses a special spice that I rarely use.

Knowing that these deals are available, I promise to always look for these items at the dollar store. So it helped me keep a lot of money in the bank.

Warning: The biggest cash back card we've seen now has a 0% introductory APR through 2024

If you use the wrong credit or debit card, you could end up spending a lot of money. Our experts love this premium option, with 0% introductory APR through 2024, amazing rebate rates of up to 5%, and somehow no annual fee.

In fact, these cards are so good that our experts even use them personally. Click here to read our full review for free and sign up within 2 minutes.

Read our free review

CULTURE SHOCK IN NEW ZEALAND | Return to New Zealand after 5 years in Germany (Part 2)

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects