Seymour Area Farmers Market Profile: Codger Supply Store

Seymour Area Farmers Market Profile: Codger Supply Store

The Seymour Farmers Market is open Saturdays from 8am to 12pm in the Walnut Street parking lot, just south of the railroad tracks, next to the Jackson County Public Library in Seymour.

The market is open on Wednesdays from 8 am to 12 pm.

Here you can see one of the suppliers and their products.

Codger's Supply Store

Owner and Marketer Name: Preston Carter

Residence: Freetown

Where is your farm or business located? Freetown

What items do you sell at the farmers market?

Wooden or acrylic pens and pencils, cutting/serving boards, some children's furniture and other random items.

What inspired you to create your creative company?

Ever since I was a child, I always wanted to build. As for my pens, I haven't found a fountain pen in America that I like. I visited Switzerland and after seeing the price of these pens I thought I would make them myself.

Where did you learn to make your product?

I learned some basic carpentry skills in the Boys Brigade, the American Baptist equivalent of the Boy Scouts. Otherwise, I taught myself by reading and watching others.

How long have you been producing your products for sale?

This special item is still over a year old.

Do you work full time or part time/hobby?

It's a hobby.

What do you like about selling your products locally?

After meeting someone, the person who found my thing said that I did it and found happiness.

Favorite items for sale?

I love them all, but especially the pens, especially the McKenzie Penworks. This is a family business where I buy parts from very nice people.

Why do you think people should shop at farmers markets?

I do not use, never have, and probably never will use a CNC or any other computer tool to machine my parts. Next up - furniture and any panels for jigs and guide carvers. All my products are handmade by me from start to finish.

Website/Social Media: Codger's Merchandise Store on Facebook.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects