Woodcrafter Inspired By Neardeath Experience

Woodcrafter Inspired By Neardeath Experience

About a year and a half ago, she was lying in bed shaking uncontrollably. He thought he died of covid.

About a year and a half ago, she was lying in bed shaking uncontrollably. He thought he died of covid.

"I thought, if I die here, what will I leave to my children?" My wife the world?" Ryan Gunderson told how he started woodworking. "And it scared me: I wasn't doing enough in my life, and it led me to create my first work, which was a mountain scene.

Gunderson works at a hardware store where wood is hard to find, and when a local artist came to pick up his custom wood, he asked what he had done and found it on social media.

“Danny from North Soul Studios inspired me,” Gunderson said. "He's doing good work and he's very popular, and really, if I hadn't met him and got the Covid Delta (where people were getting sick faster and at a higher rate), I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing."

Gunderson favors exotic woods for his wood inlays, such as mountain scenes, feathers and leaves, as well as pieces of frame wood arranged in intricate patterns.

"There are different textures and thicknesses and widths, and I'm pretty into that, aren't I?" Gunderson said. “And then I bought a router to bevel the edges, and then it's sanded by hand; each piece is made by me and is the natural color of the wood and I finish it with a clear oil”.

To contact Gunderson, email him at rmgunderson99@gmail.com or find him in person on Sunday, December 3rd at the Blackburn Community Center Craft Show from 10am to 3pm, 2451 Blackburn Road.

MOST safe craft hacks: 34 kills | H2CT Anne Reardon

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects